Thursday, March 19, 2009

Assigment

For the next two academic years, I will be teaching at a high school (and consequently moving to) just outside Jackson, Mississippi.

When I first learned of my assignment to teach in the deep south, my first thought was, "oh, I mean, um...what?" followed by a, "hm, where's Mississippi again...east of the Mississippi River? West?" My thoughts oscillated between these two for about an hour until I decided to Google "Bugs in Mississippi", and it didn't take me very long to see that I shouldn't have done that. I mean, how many Yankees would ever think roaches, black widow spiders, and armadillos would be included in their day-to-day living? I'll bet none. Two things are for sure for sure: one, this will be a great adventure, and two, I'll be spending money on pest control.

1 comment:

  1. As Miss Issippi writes her blog entries, Central Ohio residents can hear her reports on Bexley Public Radio, 102.1 FM.

    We're eager to hear her commentaries on the "good bugs" and "bad bugs" of Mississippi.

    ReplyDelete